How to Save WhatsApp StatusThe other person won’t be notified when you download the WhatsApp Status photo or video using any of the methods. However, if read receipts are enabled, they will know that you have seen the status.
2. View WhatsApp Status in File Explorer (Android)Interestingly, WhatsApp automatically downloads the status pictures and videos that you have viewed in the past 24 hours to your phone’s file explorer. So you don’t need any third-party app. However, the folder where the WhatsApp status’ media files are saved is hidden by default. You will need to make it visible first. Here are the steps in detail to save WhatsApp status to your phone’s gallery on Android phone.
1. Open any File Explorer app on your phone. I am using the Files by Google app. It’s a free app with a user-friendly interface and no ads.
2. In the Files app from Google, tap on the three-bar to open the menu. Select Settings.
3. Enable the toggle next to Show hidden files. If you are using any other File explorer app, look for a similar setting that allows you to view hidden files.
You need to perform the above three steps only once. When you have enabled hidden files, you can directly download WhatsApp status using the following steps.
4. Launch WhatsApp and open the status that you want to download.
5. Open the Files app and navigate to the WhatsApp folder. You will find it under Internal storage > WhatsApp. If the WhatsApp folder is missing in the internal storage, don’t worry. Simply navigate to Internal storage >Android > Media > com.whatsapp > WhatsApp.
6. Tap on the Media folder and go to .Statuses folder. You will notice that the color of the .Statuses folder is slightly different as it’s a hidden folder.
7. Inside the .Statuses folder, you will find the recently viewed status from the past 24 hours. Open any photo or video to view it.